I was nominated for the Liebster Award from the sweet and stylish, and may I add DIY diva, Mid-Day Spritzer. Thank you Glitzy Spritzer! ❤ I have to admit, at first the look of confusion swept over my face when I received the email email alert on my iPhone. I was running on the treadmill so I read it quickly and with the small iPhone font I read it as Lobster Award! I thought to myself: 1) what type of award is a lobster award, and 2) what could I possibly have done to receive such a strange award? But of course I read the email properly once I finished my workout, and saw that it was The Liebster Award which is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
So, what is a Liebster? I looked up the meaning and found that Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs. I enjoyed getting to know more about Mid-Day Spritzer, and I hope you enjoy getting to know more about me.
1) Thank & Link- Thank the person who nominated you! Link their blog to your post
2) Copy & Paste Award- Copy and Paste the Liebster Award in your post
3) Nominate- Nominate 10 other bloggers with 200 or less followers
4) Q&A- Answer the questions given to you (at the bottom of my post). Create a new set of questions for those you nominate.
5) Notify- Notify your nominee’s via comment
Below are the questions that I answered:
1) Why did you start your blog?
I love fashion, health, and fitness…and in my everyday life I don’t really have a creative outlet like this. Additionally, for years friends and strangers always want to know who and what I’m wearing, compliment me on the outfit, but follow it by saying what I was wearing looked out of their budget. I would always respond by saying “I’m going to start a blog one day, so you can see that not all of my closet is high end,” and here I am.
2) Did you tell your friends and family about it? Why/Why not?
Not yet, because I want to start with “real” followers…bloggers/blogs that share a common interest…I even told my husband he couldn’t follow me right now…hi babe! *waves*
3) A secret that you would tell your blog friends but not your real friends… until now.
I have really big feet, especially considering my height (5’4”)…I wear a 9.5 and can wear a 10 if it’s a sky high-heeled shoe…Thanks for the big feet dad!:)
4) What makes you literally LOL (laugh out loud).
Those AT&T and Geico commercials! They never get old.
5) Share a fun fact.
Most people think that I’m prissy and girly, but I LOVE extreme sports! Especially ones that involve heights.
6) What or who drives you?
My husband (cue the violins)! He truly is my biggest supporter and encourages me like no other, and his patience is admirable…because I can be a lot to handle! INFJ in the house!
7) What is your favorite quote?
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
This quote summarizes how I’ve always lived my life.
8) Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Christmas…I didn’t move to the U.S until 1999 (I lived in London before that), so I didn’t start celebrating Thanksgiving until I was a teenager.
9) One thing that you hope never changes.
Ones ability to show compassion for others.
10) If you could speak another language fluently what would it be?
My native language, Igbo.
The following are my nominees…I’m a new blogger, so I broke the rules a bit and nominated some of you that have more than 200 followers, but under 500 (I think). But I’m looking forward to learning more about you!
1. Lovely J and L
2. Inspire Desired
3. Anastasia and La Mode
4. Food Love Inspiration
5. Chug Your Greens
6. Sugar Love Chic
7. Uyendoe shopping
8. Kenya L Fashion Blog
9. Beauty Blogger Goddess
10. Sheer Embellished
Questions for you to answer:
1. Your favorite season?
2. The strangest thing someone has ever told you?
3. Who is your favorite author?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
5. What beauty product can you absolutely not live without?
6. Red or white wine?
7. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose? Why?
8. Something that you learned recently?
9. How do you define success?
10. In the Sex and The City movie, should Carrie have taken Mr. Big back after he ditched her at the altar?
11. What fashion item(s) are you currently coveting?